Whoops, another late post~
In this little entry, I'm going to recap the week of March 9th - March 13th, which consisted of one lecture and the second term test. Going into the Monday lecture I wasn't too prepared as I had missed roughly 4 lectures in a row due to another term test and sickness (but I'm all better now), meaning that this lecture was almost completely foreign to me. Before class, I had been reading the annotated slides on the CSC148 homepage, and was trying to fervently catch up on the material. I get to class, try my best to keep up, and attempt the worksheet.
Due to other tests, I only really spent about 6-8 hours studying for the second term test, which featured basically all the concepts that I wasn't too confident in linking together: recursion and trees, recursion and linked lists and linked list iterations. Piazza was extremely helpful, as were the professors and other online resources. In trying to answer other students' questions was when I found holes in my studying - in addition to failing the past test.
The cheat sheet on the exam was very helpful too, as one of the code snippets I put on it happened to be a slight variation to a test question, making the whole test just a bit easier. I couldn't remember exactly if a binary tree necessarily needed to be completely filled, so I took the gamble on deciding tree length. All in all, not too much CSC148 that week, but the test really forced me to catch up on concepts.
No comments:
Post a Comment